Professional Sports Club Werder Bremen Get A Point In Karlsruhe:

Werder Bremen have drawn a draw at the still unbeaten Karlsruher SC. When they went 0-0 on Saturday, the North Germans did not concede a goal for the first time this season.

By Johannes Freytag

Compared to the 1: 4 home defeat against Paderborn, the team of coach Markus Anfang showed a great improvement.

The defence was good after initial difficulties, on the offensive, however, the green-whites have to put up with the accusation of having missed too many chances. Especially since Karlsruhe played outnumbered for more than half an hour.

However, the beginning was not dissatisfied: "I think that we were the better team, regardless of the red card, it actually didn't do us any good," the Bremen coach told the NDR.

"Overall, I can't blame the team." Sports director Frank Baumann added: "We needed to show a reaction."

On Sunday in a week (1.30 p.m.) Werder's newcomer Hansa Rostock will be a guest at the Weserstadion.

Werder with the better chances:

Four changes made start. Among other things, defensive boss Ömer Toprak (neck injury) and Maximilian Eggestein, who had moved to SC Freiburg, were missing.

The completely reformed Bremen defence did not seem very stable at the beginning, especially with standards.

The North Germans also found it difficult to build up the game because Karlsruhe started very early and provoked bad passes.

Only after a good 20 minutes did the picture change and the guests got better into the game. Romano Schmid failed from an acute angle to Marius Gersbeck (22nd).

A little later, the KSC keeper was only able to fend off a filling mug shot forward, Nicolai Rapp would probably have caught the ricochet if he hadn't been pushed lightly by Philipp Heise.

But referee Bastian Dankert's whistle remained silent - the VAR did not answer either (29th).

Gersbeck, who was also there in the 43rd minute against Niklas Schmidt, had a lot more to do than his counterpart Michael Zetterer. Bremen's goalkeeper was only challenged once in the first round when he parried a Heise shot (36th).

Yellow-red for Karlsruhe's Wanitzek:

Little happened in the second round, but then Karlsruhe's Marvin Wanitzek made an unnecessary foul: After losing the ball, he held Schmidt and saw the yellow-red card (57th). With one more man on the field, Werder increased the pressure.

Schmid shot Gersbeck in the arms from a distance (60th), Füllkrug only hit the outer netting (65th), Schmidt did not catch a cross properly (67th) and Schmid again drove over it from the best position (69th).

A hit was in the air - and then almost fell on the other side: Zetterer's foot defence against Marco Thiede prevented the KSC leadership (74th).

Werder stayed on the trigger, but could hardly get through against the Badeners defending with man and mouse.

Marco Friedl (86th) and Felix Agu (88th) left the Bremen team's last opportunities. "At the moment we have no final conviction," complained Füllkrug. "We have to work on that."


Post a Comment

Please do not enter any spam link in the comment box.

Previous Post Next Post