The second game, the second loss - Hertha BSC loses 1: 2 Against Wolfsburg:

The seconds were counting down on the scoreboard. There were only a few left until 3:30 p.m. and thus until the first game in the Olympic Stadium with spectators after 309 days.

But no trace of anticipation. The Hertha BSC fans whistled. They whistled because instead of Frank Zander other, unfamiliar sounds were coming from the stadium boxes.

A misunderstanding. Shortly afterwards, "Only home", the usual melody at Hertha's games, rang out, and so everything was pleasantly dissolved.

That cannot be said for Hertha as a whole. On the contrary. After the opening defeat in Cologne, the Berlin Bundesliga club also lost the second game of the season - again under their own leadership.

It was 1: 2 (0: 0) after the appearance against VfL Wolfsburg, in which Hertha again revealed many shortcomings. And so the Berliners travel to Bayern Munich next week at bottom of the table.

Hertha was the last eighteenth in September 2019, after a 1-2 defeat at Mainz 05. "The table doesn't look good," said coach Pal Dardai. "That is really painful."

Coach Pal Dardai had rebuilt his team properly. Four new players - Dedryck Boyata, Dodi Lukebakio, Javairo Dilrosun and Davie Selke - were in the starting line-up.

They replaced Marton Dardai, Lucas Tousart, Stevan Jovetic and, above all, Matheus Cunha, who was not even in the squad, which fueled speculation about a possible departure from Berlin.

Sports director Fredi Bobic explained in an interview with Sky before kick-off that Hertha was in negotiations with an interested club, but that Cunha would not be sold below market value.

The Berliners should expect 30 million euros for the Brazilian. But his non-nomination was mainly due to disciplinary reasons.

"Nobody walks with my team anymore," said Dardai, looking at Cunha's listless appearance a week ago in Cologne. “I no longer accept what was last year, not with anyone. No matter what his name is. "

Hertha found it difficult to design the game:

Without Cunha, Hertha started with a lot of zeal. "Nobody went for a walk today, everyone worked," said Dardai.

"That is a real step forward for us." Against the ball, the 4-2-3-1 of the Berliners became a 4-4-2 with Selke and Boateng as the first approaches.

During the warm-up before the game, Boateng who returned home was celebrated with chants.

Unlike a week ago in Cologne, when he made his comeback in the Olympic Stadium, he did not play on the six, but as a tenth ahead of Suat Serdar and Santiago Ascacibar.

His influence on Hertha's game, however, remained manageable - especially since the 34-year-old had to leave the field a few minutes before the break. For him came Stevan Jovetic.

In general, Hertha found it difficult to design the game. Wolfsburg mostly had the ball, and Berlin's only opportunity in the first half was a throw-in into the Wolfsburg penalty area.

After Selke's header, goalkeeper Koen Casteels had to intervene in the fourth minute for the first time and also for the last time before the break.

The mood in the stands, initially full of anticipation and even euphoria, continued to ebb away. In the minutes before the break, it was almost eerily quiet again.

Of course, this was also due to the action on the lawn, which was not particularly exciting for long stretches. In addition, it was the guests who got the better chances in the first half, even if there weren't too many.

Wolfsburg's central defender Maxence Lacroix missed the Berlin goal with a header from a free-kick cross; Wout Weghorst forced Hertha's goalkeeper Alexander Schwolow - also after a cross and also with his head - to a spectacular flight insert.

Profane objection:

Measured against the performance before the break, the events really rolled over at the beginning of the second half.

Weghorst missed the goal after a low cross from the left, on the other side Casteels saved with a strong reflex against Jovetic, who had taken the ball out of the air at the edge of the penalty area and then volleyed it.

Overall, Hertha now seemed more grippy again, and after a good hour, the greater commitment was rewarded.

After Lukebakio got caught on the foot of John Anthony Brooks at the entrance to the penalty area, referee Matthias Jöllenbeck initially allowed the game to continue.

After an intervention from Cologne and viewing the TV pictures, he decided on a penalty. Lukebakio and Selke fought so much and so fiercely that even captain Boyata had to intervene arbitrarily.

"Every coach is happy there," said Dardai. Better that way than when everyone is hiding. After all, it was Lukebakio who took on and made it 1-0 for Hertha.

The mood among the 18,241 visitors in the stadium was great again - but not for very long. Because Hertha gave the advantage back all too easily, as in Cologne.

After a steep pass to the top, which Xaver Schlager was able to play almost unrestricted from the centre circle, Ridle Baku scored 1: 1. It wasn't the only time that Hertha didn't look good when the Wolfsburg team quickly and directly combined into the top.


Post a Comment

Please do not enter any spam link in the comment box.

Previous Post Next Post